Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Bouckville 2013 Review - Finally


Hello friends...
 It's been so long since I have posted...I almost forgot how!
More about why it's been so long later.

 For now...here are some pics of some of the wonders that I saw when I went to the fabulous Madison Bouckville show in August.
 Yes, I know...that was two months ago.


My first parking spot was literally at the edge of a corn field.
  This photo is out the front windshield before I exited the car! 


Can you feel the excitement?
As usual, my heart was pounding at the prospect
 of finding my brand of  junk!

Enjoy the photos!




























Three beautiful days of antiquing and visiting with friends
 was such a treat!
This show is still my favorite.

Later this week, I will share pics from the booths of Vicky Potter of Gypsy Paintbrush and Colleen Bloom from The Vintage Room.
You will enjoy their distinct, feminine and pretty presentations.

Now, about my unplanned and long blogging break...
Well, Life got in the way.

The many joys of life...
 ...as we were very busy and had a ton of fun
 with family and friends at the lake this summer.

 And then there were some hard times too...
...our family, like yours, has had its share of loss and illness.
Fortunately, we are holding tight to one another and our faith.

So, that's why I have not been online much...
...I have been focused on family.

Having said that...
I have, however, been an Instagramming fool...
using the IPhone 5 my son Dan bought me last Christmas.
IG must have been invented for lazy bloggers like me!
Here's why I like it...
...my phone is always with me anyway, it's quick, immediate
and the photos are a bit gritty... not meant to be perfect...
...although you would be amazed at some of the shots on IG.
 Not to mention the amazing apps and editing tools
 which I have yet to get into.
 If you are interested you can click the button on my sidebar
 to check out my feed. 

Meanwhile, I hope YOU are well...
I have much catching up to do with everyone's blogs
 and hope to spend a little time doing that soon.

A special thank you to the dear friends and readers who have taken the time to email, message me or send handwritten notes...
...your thoughtfulness and expressions of concern
 have meant the world to me.
 I am grateful for your kindness and feel so blessed
 to have each and every one of you in my life.

Be back soon with more Bouckville photos!
 

30 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Sometimes a break just makes the most sense. Welcome back! Looking forward to more!

oldgreymare said...

SO happy to see you here tonight..welcome back <3

Unknown said...

Hallo
What a wonderful place to visit! I became so inspired! I will have my own fleamarket on the 26 th of october.I relly looking forward to it! Greatings from West of Sweden and Marie-Louise.

1 said...

Oh you are killing me Laura! I miss that show so much!!!!
Hope you found wonderful treasures and you will be happy to know that I stumbled on a numbered wheel like the one from Chicago;) It's in the house now!

Hugs from France!!!

prince snow farm said...

My goodness, I think I want it all!

Unknown said...

omg!!! so glad your back...missed you and your blog !!!!!!!!!!!!

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Hey Laura..well, I certainly enjoyed your delightful pictures. I think my toes curled when I saw your post this morning! Missed you....

I also wanted to share that it took me about 30 seconds to recognize Paula's home when I was perusing the Christmas Ideas magazine before reading the first word! As always....it's amazing.

Your friend and well-wisher,
Susie

Ariadne said...

Glad to see you back! Hope you are doing well!That portrait in that amazing frame was an excellent find!AriadnefromGreece!

Muffy's Marks said...

Glad your back, I missed you!! Love the comparison of the little toy truck and the big boy truck. Can't wait to see more of your findings.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

OMG all of those fabulous treasures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you so much for sharing. Hope things are calming down for you and your family now:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Leslie said...

thank you for sharing - i've always wanted to go to that show but haven't yet managed it. very glad to see you are back! leslie

Unknown said...

Welcome back! It was fun to see all the treasures...lovely photos. I really love the old truck and matching canopy! Ha....I know, not the usual treasures....heehee.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Laura,
Lovely to see you back wih another beautiful post..... but, real life is far more important .
Hope that you and your family are all well.
Enjoy the Autumn Laura. Lots of love. XXXX

Lisa Johnson said...

Lovely pictures as always. I too have missed your posts, Laura, but now I'm following your pinterest and instagram feeds. I see several things in your photos that I would love to have, but I have to say that chippy blue truck is my favorite. I've been looking for one ever since I saw one on pinterest planted with hens and chicks. Adorable!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Laura, I am so happy to see your post. I love that sweet blue and white quilt. I would have had a hard time leaving that there, I think.

Life is the living of it, and we'll never get these moments back.

Best wishes to you.

Katey said...

So happy to see you here. I know I see you on instagram but it's nice to 7e8]
\\\\p[[[[[[[[ I'm going to leave all those characters because that was Annie walking across the keyboard!!! She just loves the keyboard!!! Anyway, I like seeing you here too because it's more of you and what I love about you!! Sorry to hear about the tough times but know we miss you and are thinking of you!!

It's me said...

Hello !!!...like your pictures darling !!!...welcome back...i miss you.....love from me...Ria..x !

Unknown said...

Hi Laura, Thanks so much for visiting my booth in Bouckville and mentioning my booth in your post.. Look forward to seeing the pictures you took.. you have a way of making it all look so fabulous..
Colleen
( The Vintage Room)

Gert said...

Welcome back! It was so nice to see you back blogging! Love all your finds... I will check you on Instagram, I love checking and posting it everyday!

Blessings,
Gert

Gail said...

Oh my good gosh.......! Those BOOTS! No matter the cost there is no way, as a former Nordstrom shoe buyer, that I could have left those behind...............
gorgeous!

ThiftedBliss said...

So happy to see your post this morning-welcome back! Hope your family is all well. Happy Fall!

Anonymous said...

I can see why you loved the fair. I saw several items I would like just in the pictures you posted.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Laura...so happy to see you back!
I just love looking at flea treasures through your eyes, can't wait to see more!

Boxwood Cottage said...

Welcome back Laura! Missed you!
xoxo Carola

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

So many lovely things.
Denise

Carol said...

Yippee, Skippee!!! I'm so glad to see your post. Hold tight to family, for they are such a gift... I check in on Instagram often to catch up.. Thanks for sharing.

Smiles,

Carol

Jen Beaudet said...

Such great finds! That would be exciting!:)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hello! So sorry to read of your family's loss and hardship. Faith is very important ...it is the real glue that keeps it all together.

And WOW, WOWZERS, that antique show is fabulous!!!! Great photos. I hope we are allowed to pin them. :)

Take care,
Jillian
Bella Rosa Antiques

Joy Junktion said...

Welcome Back - Praying things have settled and you are finding peace in this new season!

Unknown said...

have missed you! wow on the pics!! :) chris