Saturday, March 28, 2009

Easter Bonnets



In the words of Mr. Irving Berlin.....

In your Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it, You'll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade. Ill be all in clover and when they look you over, Ill be the proudest fellow in the Easter parade. On the avenue, Fifth Avenue, the photographers will snap us, And you'll find that you're in the rotogravure. Oh, I could write a sonnet about your Easter bonnet, And of the girl I'm taking to the Easter parade.



About ten years ago....I actually found these two spectacular hats at a flea market at the school just down the street from my home.......



The flowers are on both the top and bottom of the wide brims.....






I haven't had an occasion to wear either of them but my Mom-in-law wore each of them at one or another of her annual ladies luncheons......she made an impression!



I suppose they could be worn at the Saratoga races as well.....hmm.....that would be fun!



If I wore one to church I would have to sit in the last pew or no one would be able to see past me!


I hope your spring days and Easter preparations are filled with joy and beauty.............
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hi Laura
I collect hats and always enjoy a post on hats! I love them both. Very much enjoyed reading your prevous post too, what lovely pictures, everything is so beautifully displayed!
Have a great weekend
Isabelle x

Ali @ Betty and Violet said...

I have just managed to catch up on the last few days of your posts ~ they have all been so beautiful with gorgeous inspirational photos!

Th hats are delightful! I am currently looking for something to display on a door, but can't find exactly what I am looking for!

I loved your post 'Childs Play' ~ such lovely nostalgia!

Carole said...

How lucky you were to find such hats at a school flea market...you just never know. I of course love the last post. Just went to Paulas yesterday. Can't wait to show you the pictures of all the new things she's done...it just keeps getting better. How lucky we are to call her our friend.
Love,
Carole